IGNORED

Thinking about buying a luggage/trunk rack

Who Dey

I am thinking about getting a luggage rack for the Venture and was wondering how many of you have one and how you like it? Also opinions on which one is the best to get. I'm just looking for general information, cost, how much weight it will carry etc. Thanks.

I just bought the Yamaha OEM product from South Seattle Sports Plaza www.yamahasportsplaza.com ... cost $134.96 Don't know load capacity of the trunk but I know there are other threads in here that have that info.

It's a bit tricky to install coz the holes you drill have to be fairly "exact". I took my time and followed the instructions and made sure I measured accurately and double checked the positioning each hole I drilled.

I have Yamaha model, like it alot, you can find bags on ebay that fit perfectly on top. I like to keep Rain Gear, maps, camera anything you need quickly cause its easy to get to. I guess you need to use alittle common sense on weight. Gives you alot more storage area. Craig:happy34:

The Yamaha rack is kinda small for my use... I have the Gold Wing JC Whitney style I bought on ebay for $45. It gets some rust on the welds once in a while but it polishes out.. If I wasn't so cheap I'd buy this billet rack... Link Here

http://www.americanmotorcycleaccessories.com/prodimages/2017.JPG

I also have the OEM Yamaha rack and like it for looks and use. I think the tag on the rack says not to exceed 10 lbs which covers what I put in the bag. I bought the rack $95 and the waterproof bag $35 on e-bay. The only accessories I add to my bike are for comfort (back rest), safety (extra lights) and use (rack and travel bags). I recommend a trunk rack.