IGNORED

Colorado Ride Route Suggestions

1sttenor

I've been out to Colorado several times and a few buddies and I are planning a trip this year. So far I've planned for the Ouray-Durango-Teleuride loop. The Black Canyon of the Gunnison loop (my personal favorite ride, maybe better than the Dragon!) and the Rocky Mtn National Park-Nederland-Blackhawk route. If we have time I'd like to do the Ridgeway-Gateway-Grand Junction ride. Does anyone have a favorite hidden route that is a don't miss?

I've got several in Southern MO that people have no idea about that are terrific, so I'm sure there are some that I need to know in CO. Always looking for new pics!

:photographing:

independence pass to/from aspen is nice, good place to start/end is at canon city..........i believe there is a hwy called the million dollar hwy.....that might be one you've mentioned though.........check out favorite roads in this site...it might list more.....

To 1sttenor,

I too am planning a colorado ride around the 3rd week in june and want to do the Durango-Ouray loop. I will be heading out from Galinburg, Tn on the 16th of June. I've been wondering about making reservations, knowing how popular the area is, and not wanting to sleep on the side of the road. My goal is to end up in Yellowstone, ( meeting my wife there) but want to ride Colorado for 3 or 4 days.

What days are you planning to be there?

Slapdog

Go to Lake City it is a neat little town on the western slope of the rockies. While there look up ole Charlie , he is the county Building Inspector, Health inspector and EMT technition. Tell him I said Hello from the Atlanta, Dragon Slayer. He 's a great guy and put me up at his house while I was passing through last August.

Oh yea, while your there ride up to the Gunnison and do the Black Canyon ride, You wont regret it.

To 1sttenor,

I too am planning a colorado ride around the 3rd week in june and want to do the Durango-Ouray loop. I will be heading out from Galinburg, Tn on the 16th of June. I've been wondering about making reservations, knowing how popular the area is, and not wanting to sleep on the side of the road. My goal is to end up in Yellowstone, ( meeting my wife there) but want to ride Colorado for 3 or 4 days.

What days are you planning to be there?

Slapdog

I'm thinking late August. I've been in June and its COLD in the Passes and still a lot of snow. September is the same, so we decided to do late August a little cooler that July across KS and early enough not to get snowed on in the passes. I once got snowed on on Independence Pass. Not fun, especially pulling a trailer!

Go to Lake City it is a neat little town on the western slope of the rockies. While there look up ole Charlie , he is the county Building Inspector, Health inspector and EMT technition. Tell him I said Hello from the Atlanta, Dragon Slayer. He 's a great guy and put me up at his house while I was passing through last August.

Oh yea, while your there ride up to the Gunnison and do the Black Canyon ride, You wont regret it.

That's the ride I spoke of. Its terrific! On our way back we may come up through Pagosa to Creede and then Lake City. Its a beautiful place. that's why I asked. I know several rides, but didn't want to miss a hidden gem. Thanks for the reply.

We'll be in Colorado the 2 week in Aug. We have never been. If anybody can suggest a place to get a map of these places ya'll are talking about we would greatly appreciate it. It sounds like we'll be out there in between all your trips.

This will be our last stop on our trip before we head back home. We will start our sight seeing in S.D. Here is our basic route. SD, WY, MT, WY, MT, IDAHO, WA, OR, CA, NV, AZ, UT, AZ, UT, CO, NM, CO and then home. That's a lot of riding in 4 weeks. We are planning on leaving around the middle of July and being back home the middle of Aug. I'll be listening to channel 29 so maybe we can meet some of you guys. We will be camping as much as possible also.

Harry:sign woo hoo::dancefool:

We'll be in Colorado the 2 week in Aug. We have never been. If anybody can suggest a place to get a map of these places ya'll are talking about we would greatly appreciate it. It sounds like we'll be out there in between all your trips.

This will be our last stop on our trip before we head back home. We will start our sight seeing in S.D. Here is our basic route. SD, WY, MT, WY, MT, IDAHO, WA, OR, CA, NV, AZ, UT, AZ, UT, CO, NM, CO and then home. That's a lot of riding in 4 weeks. We are planning on leaving around the middle of July and being back home the middle of Aug. I'll be listening to channel 29 so maybe we can meet some of you guys. We will be camping as much as possible also.

Harry:sign woo hoo::dancefool:

Do you have Streets and trips? If so I can email you some really great routes.