IGNORED

Anyone ever change GW GL1800 air filter?

Midrsv

One of my riding buddies is in the process of changing the air filter on his Goldwing. What a mess. He's got parts all over his garage and still hasn't gotten down to the filter. Seems you have to pull all of the plastic off between the seat and the handlebars including the dash and side covers. He's not happy. It turns out the dealers get 2 to 2.5 hours of labor for changing a filter. He's so mad he went out looking at Harleys today.

DT

Good question!

It takes about 2 minutes to change the air filter on a Harley, about 20 minutes to change both air filters on a Venture. He doesn’t care what the name is on the bike, just how long it takes to change the filter.

It takes about 2 minutes to change the air filter on a Harley, about 20 minutes to change both air filters on a Venture. He doesn’t care what the name is on the bike, just how long it takes to change the filter.

Well, now.......THERE is a rational criteria for selecting a bike.

:sign03::doh:

it is a job changing the filter on a wing. but there are some short cuts to make working on wings easier. there is a guy that sells a set of dvd's that he made at home, on his wing. they are around $100 and are well worth the money. he has many short cuts and makes everything very simple. excellent video. i bought a set, and they have been very helpful. he makes the aircleaner job look easy. the order no. is 903-455-2555, ext 10, i wish dvd's like this were available for all my bikes. :2133:

What a pain in the A$$. 3 hours work! :scared:

But no worse than a BMW K1200LT. That was about 3-4 hours too. Under the plastic, (40 screws) AND "Under" the gas tank. Installed a K&N.

The engineers should be required to change out every bike built, they designed.

Won't volunteer again. Time wasted I could be riding!