IGNORED

RSV Illustration

philmartin

Well...I don't get what you are talking about at ALL. I went back and looked again and the illustration is VERY true to what you and I are both riding. I've even got my glasses on. :confused24:

Actually if you look at the photos...precisely what we ride.....NICE !!!!:clap2:

But now look at the illustration... the overemphasized front with the lowered and widened back ...the squared off bags....:think:HD, Pure, common, HD just like every other you see on the street....:confused24:They call them baggers but I think the bags are only for the occasional beer run...:hihi:

Actually if you look at the photos...precisely what we ride.....NICE !!!!:clap2:

But now look at the illustration... the overemphasized front with the lowered and widened back ...the squared off bags....:think:HD, Pure, common, HD just like every other you see on the street....:confused24:They call them baggers but I think the bags are only for the occasional beer run...:hihi:

You have to remember this is an illustration, not a photograph. The bags are a little squarer than the RSV, bad modeling, the back end is lower, because I'm 5'7" and I'm curious to see what it would look like if I lower it. The camera angle is low to give a more dramatic look. There were 560 objects modeled to build this, I 'm probably missing 150 parts. And there's no room in my bags for beer. I keep mine in the trunk.

You have to remember this is an illustration, not a photograph. The bags are a little squarer than the RSV, bad modeling, the back end is lower, because I'm 5'7" and I'm curious to see what it would look like if I lower it. The camera angle is low to give a more dramatic look. There were 560 objects modeled to build this, I 'm probably missing 150 parts. And there's no room in my bags for beer. I keep mine in the trunk.

Sorry, didn't mean to be overly critical, really..... And yes, I am familiar with the hardships of modeling. But you have to admit, that does give it that "overly Harley"look.

If you really need to lower it I would suggest doing the front as well, then it won't look like a dog with it's tail tucked in!! In addition it will maintain it's agility , such as it is......:o

Sorry, didn't mean to be overly critical, really..... And yes, I am familiar with the hardships of modeling. But you have to admit, that does give it that "overly Harley"look.

If you really need to lower it I would suggest doing the front as well, then it won't look like a dog with it's tail tucked in!! In addition it will maintain it's agility , such as it is......:o[/quote

]

No problem. It wasn't meant to look like a Harley. Actually a Harley would be easier to model because of the squareness.

Man what a great looking piece of art, whether one sees Harley, Venture, Honda, whatever. If it's your bike, IT'S YOU!!!.

Very cool indeed! I'm thinking wall paper here........hummm.

I'm thinking something more along the lines of those large stick and peel posters of athletes and sports logos, called Fatheads. How difficult would it be to produce a 3D illustration of my bike (perhaps even adding amenities not yet installed, e.g., whitewall tires) and enlarging like the Fathead posters? The stick and peel function will allow me to move it where I like (subject to wife's approval)....garage in summer...den or office in winter..bedroom in ....probably NOT... you get the picture. Would the investment costs be prohibitive?? If not, you could actually illustrate and "FatRide" a Harley, a Ninja, an Indian or any other bike. I would pay a reasonable price for such an illustration of MyPalomino. Whatdya think, philmartin?

BTW, the Buick ports look good. I am planning on using the same ports, putting LEDs connected to the turn signals and running lights inside the ports and installing them on the front fairing or lower cowling somewhere.

Jerry

Man what a great looking piece of art, whether one sees Harley, Venture, Honda, whatever. If it's your bike, IT'S YOU!!!.

I'm thinking something more along the lines of those large stick and peel posters of athletes and sports logos, called Fatheads. How difficult would it be to produce a 3D illustration of my bike (perhaps even adding amenities not yet installed, e.g., whitewall tires) and enlarging like the Fathead posters? The stick and peel function will allow me to move it where I like (subject to wife's approval)....garage in summer...den or office in winter..bedroom in ....probably NOT... you get the picture. Would the investment costs be prohibitive?? If not, you could actually illustrate and "FatRide" a Harley, a Ninja, an Indian or any other bike. I would pay a reasonable price for such an illustration of MyPalomino. Whatdya think, philmartin?

BTW, the Buick ports look good. I am planning on using the same ports, putting LEDs connected to the turn signals and running lights inside the ports and installing them on the front fairing or lower cowling somewhere.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, building this bike in 3D was about 90 hrs of work. Changing the color to a 2000 MM is fairly easy. But my bike has the Corbin Seat and Backrest, so, I'd have to model some new seats. If there's an interest I could do it.

One of the reasons I did this was to be able to try new things on the bike without having to invest any money unless I really liked the look.

As far as a peel and stick poster goes, it would be cheaper to take a photo, go to a copy shop, enlarge it and mount it to poster board.

Ride safe, Phil