IGNORED

Advice - painting wind deflectors?

CMIKE

Kinda thinking about the clear lower wind deflectors on the front forks and the clear wind deflectors on the bottom of the front fairing...

Since I have a Midnight venture to keep with the midnight theme...I thought they would look better BLACK.

I have found Duplicolor paint that is suppose to be exact match to the black on my 07 RSMV. I was thinking about removing the clear plastic lower wind deflectors and the clear plastic deflectors on the bottom of the fairing and painting the inside or back side of them black. This would keep the shine of the clear plastic and prevent rocks and other road hazzards from beating the paint off them.

I know I need to becareful with the paint reacting to the plastic and possibly melting them and maybe a special paint may be in order for this.

What does the group think about this... What would they look like Black?

http://venturerider.org/forum/picture.php?pictureid=1421&albumid=186&dl=1232844335&thumb=1I tinted mine with spray on tint, they look black , just paint the back side that way they still have the shiney of the plastic Edited by got2mnytoys
reloaded pic

Little Bob...I am sorry it is Color Rite that has the paint to match our bikes. You can buy it in Touch-up pens to Aerosol cans to quarts. They have frame/wheel color, engine color, midnight or the blue colors offered for the 07 bike. Also other years. I had a scratch on my trunk when I bought the bike...ordered some touch up paint and you have to look really close to find where the scratch was...

http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-colors.cfm?CFID=658722&CFTOKEN=59989477

Now got2mnytoys (Scott) seems to have something with the spray tint. I thought about that first but was concerned it may turn purple like some of that cheaper film.

I have saw some tint for clear tail light lenses to blacken them...it that what you used?

I guess fill us in on what you used for the tint.

This should take care of the concerns about the paint interacting with the plastic...