IGNORED

Anti-theft alarms

Hard to say Hulk...maybe contact Brad....seems like a good guy. Too bad they are shutting down and not supplying them any more. I was ready to place an order and but was having trouble placing an order - that when they came back and told me they were shutting down.

Another victim of the recession ????

Keith

Finished the install of the Talon T3300ip, very cool! Ask anyone that knows me, I would never have attempted to do this install, as there is nothing worse than an electrical problem on a bike and doing it on my 08 was a little sketchy (warranty) Did a dry fit and test before actually doing the actual install. Wires took about 3 hours (most of it was trying to find to place the module). Had to however mock up a “quick disconnect” at the LED for those of us, that run it from the module to the front fairing or dash, but otherwise nice system.:clap2:

Keith, placed a call and email to Talon to confirm they are dry on the shelves, if I score, want me to send you a heads up?

I had that alarm on my 07 vstar1300 and it was fine.....get the longer distance remote.

On my new bike, 07 venture, i put a passive start alarm by Digital Guard Dawg (cheaper)-it has an rfid tag that is carried and unless near bike it wont start but no horn or page systems to notify like the scorpio.........your choice depending what you need...hope this helps

Boomer.....who believes in the farm country 3S system.....Shoot,Shovel,Shut-up.

Boomer I could do with your 3 "S" system over here for a neighbor who does nothing but yell at her poor kids all day

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly

Guest tx2sturgis

Nobody steals these Yamahas!!

There is no secondary black market for parts, no outlaw chop shops selling custom Royal Star frames and stolen V4 engines, trannys and gas tanks. You cant trade one of these things for drugs, cuz there are no Venture theft rings that will take it off your hands. Your kidding yourself. And even opportunistic joyriders will hardly ever do that to a TOURING bike. Especially a big top heavy one thats hard to hold up when they are wearing stolen Nike's.

Just padlock the steering head, and maybe add a disc-lock if it helps you sleep easier.

If you want to protect it from someone who might be inclined to vandalize it, or maybe pry open the saddlebags to see whats inside, you might think about one of those covers that has a builtin alarm.

I'm not sayin that a cycle alarm is a BAD idea, but its just not gonna change the odds at all.