IGNORED

Dashlight bulb

Can anyone out there tell me what is the number of the bulb behind the right or tachometer section on the early first gen?

It seems mine burned out and can only see half of my dash insruments at night now.

I can get it when I pull it apart but would like to buy it first.

BTW can that area be accessed by just removing the wind screen or do I need to remove the entire fairing? (again) :think:

can you just take the dash cover off and get to the back of the cluster?

I am not sure, my venture is in pieces and I don't remember what it looked like together, its been a while.

Might need to pull the windscreen off too.

If you never ever want to replace them again, and have a few extra bucks, superbrightleds.com has some replacements for the 194 bulbs. Not sure how well it would work with the dimmer though.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

Thanks brother!

Now how about removing the little buggers without removing the whole fairing? :bang head:

nyone?

You can pull the dash, by going through the headight opening & removing the 2 dash mount retaining bolts. The dash is then is just held in place by 4 locating pins. It may be best to remove the windshield & front signal lights, for easier access when pulling it out & to get side views too.

:080402gudl_prv:

You can pull the dash, by going through the headight opening & removing the 2 dash mount retaining bolts. The dash is then is just held in place by 4 locating pins. It may be best to remove the windshield & front signal lights, for easier access when pulling it out & to get side views too.

:080402gudl_prv:

Thank you my other brother! Now I am ready to get er done! :thumbsup2:

While you are in that area: Couple more items.

Lubricate the Bushing where the Speedometer cable connects to the Speedo unit.

( and greese the speedo cable, pull out of sheath, and hand greese the cable )

Replace All the bulbs, I think there are 4 of them.

If you are haveing any False Warning messages, its a good time to do the Resoldering job on the Computer Monitor unit. as long as you have the Dash Panel removed.

To get to the back of the dash you will need to pull the windshield and trim off.. Not a big deal... And like already mentioned you can get to the dash cover retaining screws thru the turn signal openings with a long phillips screw driver. 2 screws on each side. Actually there's a bunch of light's that should be replaced. Don't just replace the one's that aren't working...replace all 7 or 8 of them. I picked up Sylvania 158's at my local autoparts store. What would be interesting is to find LED replacements for the dash lights??? Next time.... :)

Thanks guys!

Ya know sometimes I think about getting a different bike but who the heck could answer all these questions!? :clap2:

Look at it this way, if the Engine and Transmission are good in your bike, then its worth fixing everything else. The total cost of parts to do ALL the Improvements and mods, would be about $1200 for the parts, plus your work. Compare that to just the sales tax on a new $20K bike.