IGNORED

Killer Chrome _ In a Can?

Long Tall

Anyone here ever use this product.....I have had the video on my computer in an mpeg3 format for some time but was to large a file to download...Found it on their Web Site....

Could "Chorme" the whole bike for not to many $$$$$$$$$$ ?

Here is the web site..... Alsa Corporation....

http://www.alsacorp.com/live/view_killerchrome.html

George In Virginia :think:

It's actually looks like a multi-step system which also includes base coats and clear coats. It looks pretty slick. Unfortunately, to get all of the stages it's going to cost you. Not that it's not worth it. You typically get what you pay for. But, it's probably priced out of range for many amateurs to experiment with. I don't think that my painting skills would do it justice.

Pete.

I purchased the starter kit last winter. I "chromed my air boxes (entire box) and my stock black tank cover around the gas cap (plastic).

the finish is nice, and durable, but not really like chrome. It turned out more like a deep gray shiny surface. I like it, but mine did not turn out as good as the video. I did it in my garage and I think it was a little too cold. I have almost no experience painting, and it could very well be my errors.

I think the stuff is worth the money to give it a try. your mileage may vary!

I figured the price was so much less than air box covers, and even though not as good as real chrome, I like it much much better than black.

The kit includes the black base coat, the chrome, a buffing cloth, and the cheaper clear coat.

It appeared to me that the quality of your base coat application is very important in the outcome. I still have some left, and may try it again.

The parts now look unique to my bike and match pretty well.

Hope that helps???

Good luck, and please post your results if you try it too. My feelings will not be hurt if it works better for you!

I purchased the starter kit last winter. I "chromed my air boxes (entire box) and my stock black tank cover around the gas cap (plastic).

the finish is nice, and durable, but not really like chrome. It turned out more like a deep gray shiny surface. I like it, but mine did not turn out as good as the video. I did it in my garage and I think it was a little too cold. I have almost no experience painting, and it could very well be my errors.

I think the stuff is worth the money to give it a try. your mileage may vary!

I figured the price was so much less than air box covers, and even though not as good as real chrome, I like it much much better than black.

The kit includes the black base coat, the chrome, a buffing cloth, and the cheaper clear coat.

It appeared to me that the quality of your base coat application is very important in the outcome. I still have some left, and may try it again.

The parts now look unique to my bike and match pretty well.

Hope that helps???

Good luck, and please post your results if you try it too. My feelings will not be hurt if it works better for you!

You forgot the pictures??!!:scared:

Just tried this product. I think it is a wast of money. Made me sick to think I wasted over $115 that I could of spent on some other accessory. The black base coat was great and the Lightning clear coat over the black was great also. When it came to the chrome part, I watched the video several times trying to pickup on all tips I could see. I did notice after that the chrome part he dusts is already chromed!!!! In all the other videos you will see him using HVLP equipment. They said there cans have a special nozzel and spray pattern. My chrome can did not have the special nozzel and even after shakeing the can it kept spewing out clear liquid and splatters. Had to keep cleaning and wiping off can an nozzel. So I change the nozzel with one of the other cans nozzel and it did the same thing. Never got chrome shiney. Thought that it would get better after the wash and it did only a fraction. Then the video instructions tell you to apply another coat of clear. Well that took all the chrome away and made it look like regular wal mart silver paint. Total waste of time and money. The kit does not come with instructions. You have to log on there web site, read the instructions there and watch the short video. I called them and they said all the products have a shelf life and it could also have been my technique. I told him that may be ture but everything worked except the chrome part and I was very attentive to the technique and did not use it like a regular spray paint. The cans are not as full as regular paint cans so your project needs to be small. They made no offer to reemburse or replace what I feel was a defective product.

Dennis

I got home and took some pics.

It is not like chrome, but the clear coat makes it shine better than chrome paint.

THE PICS WITH THE FLASH ON GIVE IT THE BROWN TINT, BUT THAT IS NOT REALLY THERE.

Edited by wkboard
added note about flash.

Thanks for the photos...Just curious, what's at the end of that second wire next to the intercom wire? Also, I am not sure I would want any chrome on the tank...During my last trip I had several days where the sun reflecting off the gas cap made a series of three flying saucers constantly floating across my windshield - it got so annoying I invested $18 in a leather gas cap cover at the nearest dealer. Even on cloudy days it seemed to be a problem...I guess once you notice it, it just starts to annoy you all the time.:fiddle:

Thanks for the photos...Just curious, what's at the end of that second wire next to the intercom wire? Also, I am not sure I would want any chrome on the tank...During my last trip I had several days where the sun reflecting off the gas cap made a series of three flying saucers constantly floating across my windshield - it got so annoying I invested $18 in a leather gas cap cover at the nearest dealer. Even on cloudy days it seemed to be a problem...I guess once you notice it, it just starts to annoy you all the time.:fiddle:

That is the aux wire that goes to my MP3 player.

Not that I would chrome anything on my tank either but I wonder if the finish would look better of the part had been sanded smooth first.

It probably would have. I also did a bad job with the base coat because it was too cold in the garage. I should have been more patient and waited for a warmer day.

I will probably redo it because I like the color, and it does not reflect as bad as chrome.