A couple of members have mentioned how a fork brace improves handling. They refer to the item as a Super Brace.

I tried to get one but both bike shops I went to could only locate one for a Gold Wing.

Can somebody give me the name of the manufacturer, supplier or any other details so I can order one locally?

Many thanks

Guest Boss Hogg

I just gave the diminsions to my machinist and he is making mine from 3/8 stainless I think I have too much fork flex I had laid my VR down 2 years ago and its just not the same

Indeed,, Nothin wrong with making one,, you could even take a block of aluminum - use your stock brace for a pattern and gain just by tripling the thickness of the stock brace..

Hey Boss, you might want to check your frontend and see if the forks have twisted in the triple tree.. I have an easy way of checking this that I have used for years,, its especially prudent when looking at used bikes.

All you have to do is have someone ride your directly at you while you look straight down the alignment of the tires. You have to almost lay down on the pavement to do this but it works. Just line the side wall of the front tire up with the rear tire while the bike is rolling across a parking lot toward you. You will be SHOCKED at what you'll see if the forks or the frame are twisted. To reset your forks, loosen the triple tree clamps - hold the front wheel between your legs and twist with the bars, retighten and check again.. Play with it till you get a good alignment onthe pavement and you will be amazed at how much better it drives.. A lot of times you can also tell alignment by how the bike tracks when you let go of the bars.. If you have to sit side saddle to get her to track straight no handed you may very well have twisted forks...

Some thoughts..

'Puc

Hey Boss Hogg! Since a few other threads on the Super Brace complain about fit and supplied bolt length, I'm thinking about making my own like you suggested. Be nice to see what yours ended up looking like. Please do send us a picture and tell how it worked?

To reset your forks, loosen the triple tree clamps - hold the front wheel between your legs and twist with the bars, retighten and check again.. Play with it till you get a good alignment onthe pavement and you will be amazed at how much better it drives..

Cowpuc, back when I was 16, I purchased a '72 Kawasaki 750 H2 and noticed the front end was not straight. They did what you said. About 300 yards down the the freeway, I was watching the bike spark as I was doing somersaults next to it.

Boss, just be sure sure to tighten them bolts right or you might see a front end wobble where the suction on your seat wont hold you to it!