IGNORED

Found Myrtle Beach Bike update

Sleeperhawk

I heard about this by a friend who lives in Charleston, Sc.

Here are the new laws they put in place George:

http://myrtlebeachbikerinfo.com/ordinances.html

I have coffee and talk with the sargent and other officers of the Madison County Police department almost every morning and the sargent was telling me this past summer that the city of Madison and the city of Huntsville both are drafting new laws to stop the trail of tears ride from coming through thier cities because of the time and cost impacts it has them.

I was told that it is mandatory for every poilce officer in both cities to work the day of this ride directing traffic and handling bike related accidents and when doing so their total manpower is "tied up" and they can not attend the normal everyday public situations (domestic disputes, roberies, thefts and cager accidents), in a timely manor to protect and serve their city / communities as they need to...

This past summer was the first time the ride was split into two rides with one going north west out of Chatanooga and over lower Tn (I-64) and the other ride coming through Huntsville and Madison (hwy 72 east)...

I am anticipating the same thing will happen again this year...:whistling:

SaltyDawg has ordered a decibel level thingy for us. I have removed the baffles from both bikes, but added insulation to the inside of the pipes. (Our curiosity has led us both to retail therapy for a solution.) I have to know how loud does too loud sound according to MB. Either way,if we want to go to MB we will go to MB.

I will post ya'll the results when the instrument arrives.

Brandy

SaltyDawg has ordered a decibel level thingy for us. I have removed the baffles from both bikes, but added insulation to the inside of the pipes. (Our curiosity has led us both to retail therapy for a solution.) I have to know how loud does too loud sound according to MB. Either way,if we want to go to MB we will go to MB.

I will post ya'll the results when the instrument arrives.

Brandy

Now you have to figure out how MB measures. Do they measure directly behind the pipes, 2 ft away revving at 3000 rpm.... or 10 ft away, at the side of the bike at idle... or? If it isn't spelled out in their ordinance then they can make the outcome whatever they want it to be. Just fyi.

Now you have to figure out how MB measures. Do they measure directly behind the pipes, 2 ft away revving at 3000 rpm.... or 10 ft away, at the side of the bike at idle... or? If it isn't spelled out in their ordinance then they can make the outcome whatever they want it to be. Just fyi.

Straight behind the outlet of the pipe...20" at idle!

I suppose if you have turn outs it would be 20" straight from the outlet along the centerline of the outlet.