IGNORED

replacement discs

does anyone know of any other jap bike discs that will fit 83 venture royale

Not to my knowledge. 83-85's mounting bolt holes have an 83mm spread, and the aftermarket as well as 86+ are 100mm. About the only thing you can do to improve braking, without going thru a fork swap, is go to the HH pads. I ride an '83 and don't plan on changing anything other than the HH pads.

Not to my knowledge. 83-85's mounting bolt holes have an 83mm spread, and the aftermarket as well as 86+ are 100mm. About the only thing you can do to improve braking, without going thru a fork swap, is go to the HH pads. I ride an '83 and don't plan on changing anything other than the HH pads.

That doesn't sound right. According to the parts fiche the same front disc was used from 83 to 85 on both the base Venture and the Royale. Looking up one color scheme of the 89 Royale wheel shows it was used back to '84.

Looks like a similar story on the rear, the MKII rear is the same part as the MKI.

I know the MKII rotor is slotted, where the MKI rotor is ventillated. I wonder though, if they aren't dimensionally equivalent. Anybody know for sure? If so, then a MKII front rotor should work on the rear of the MKI because the MKI used the same rotor front and rear.

Edited by MiCarl

does anyone know of any other jap bike discs that will fit 83 venture royale

Not sure which ones, but EBC makes replacements for the rotor discs & last I looked they were in the $135. range, at Dennis Kirk. They also had a fitment cross reference for the part #s too.

:2cents:

That doesn't sound right. According to the parts fiche the same front disc was used from 83 to 85 on both the base Venture and the Royale. Looking up one color scheme of the 89 Royale wheel shows it was used back to '84.

Looks like a similar story on the rear, the MKII rear is the same part as the MKI.

I know the MKII rotor is slotted, where the MKI rotor is ventillated. I wonder though, if they aren't dimensionally equivalent. Anybody know for sure? If so, then a MKII front rotor should work on the rear of the MKI because the MKI used the same rotor front and rear.

The '89 (MkII) caliper and pads will not fit a MkI. The poster mentioned Discs, and I assumed...and you know what they say about that... he wanted to improve braking which deals with 4 piston calipers, and they are all 100mm bolt patterns. On the rotors you're probably right, and they are all interchangeable from '93 back to '83. I see Rocket posted about Denis Kirk having some aftermarkets rotors, but I suspect that that's not what Pete was asking about?? Or maybe it was?? Wadda I know.... :)