IGNORED

no spark to front cylinders any ideals?

Guest mikesbikesmalden

Guest mikesbikesmalden

newbie to this baord HI! ALL . i have a 1983 1200 with a 1300cc motor on it was a members bike from canada anyway i ran when parked last year had to go through carburetors it runs good on back cylinder but no spark on front one any ideals? thanks mike

Guest mikesbikesmalden

where is the tci located on this bike? im new to the venture as you can see. thanks mike also just tested the coils here is what we got left front 22.9 right front 23. left rear 36.9 right rear 0.0 on ohm meter

Edited by mikesbikesmalden

TCI - under the frame cross bar that supports the battery - a pain to get to. However, on mine I was able to remove the batt and batt box and then reach down and unplug the TCI to clean the contacts.

Pickup coils - inside LH case cover.

Pickup coil connector (along with stator and other connectors) - behind bike LH side cover, near where your left calf is when riding.

Ignition coils - below and forward of batt. Front two are marginally accessible from the front of the bike, over the radiator.

Jeremy

I think you missed something on those readings... from each spark plug cap to the ignition fuse should be about 23 K Ohms... 10 K for the spark plug cap internal resistor and about 13 K Ohms for the coil...

Probably the MOST common cause for ignition woes on a "new to me" bike is corrosion at the connectors at the TCI and at the pick-up coil connection near the left frame downtube behind the left side cover. These REALLY need to be cleaned and some dialectric grease applied to KEEP them clean.