IGNORED

Protac backrest

Mikealiasmike

On the Virago, I slide the chrome shock of the bolt, then installed the plate (supplied with back rest), and then reinstalled the shock and nut.

I did not think they made one for the Venture.

Suggest sending them an email, or call them. I am sure they would send you the instructions just a simple page. They were real nice people and very helpful. Replaced the chrome bar on the backrest, without questions. Real quick to respond as well.

Good luck

Brad

Here's the response from Protac and a picture. Mike This picture show the black bracket but not too well. It is about 5 inches long. It bolts to the front bolt of the rear fender rail, the tube is welded to the front and has a 12 degree forward tilt. The royal star prior to 2005 was a long bracket that used the front and rear bolt to attach. The Venture and the Royal Tour deluxe 2005 and up takes the same backrest. Harold

I got to give it to a company that responds to questions about used products and not just new quickly.

Installed. Actually very easy and straight forward. I didn't like the metal to metal notion so I put electrical tape between with flat rubber washer and threadlock. After putting on brackets, the backrest just drops right in. Now to find the leveling links I bought and lost somewhere in this mess. Brake pads ordered and coming, I WANT SPRING!!!

I got to give it to a company that responds to questions about used products and not just new quickly.

AS I said they were great to deal with Very fast with right answers. They answered me within a few hours on a Sunday.

Glad it worked for you. :thumbsup2:

Brad

I had one on a Honda Shadow I used to have.Took it to a machine shop and had a hole

drilled in each bracket and tapped to install 1/4 inch pipe plug with allen heads.Makes the

backrest more stable and not move around and also where some one couldn't just pull

it out and walk off with it. Could not understand why they didn't do that from the factory.