IGNORED

Can any certified Yamaha Dealer do the work?

Guest Shep

I am going to need some work done on my 2007 RSTD - due to a lay-down this week. Should that be done at a dealership?

Thanks folks,

Shep

I am going to need some work done on my 2007 RSTD - due to a lay-down this week. Should that be done at a dealership?

Thanks folks,

Shep

I wouldn't take it to the dealer for anything other than warranty work... My few experiences with warranty/dealer work on my bike has come back with issues... I would do the work myself and did when I bought my "laid down" RSV... But if you can't do the work yourself I'd suggest finding an independant shop... If there's insurance money involved you might go to a Yamaha Dealer for an estimate... Most likely the dealer's estimate will be higher than anyone else's... You can save money buying good used parts instead of top $ for new assembly line reject parts...

There's a guy on one of the forums that had an accident and bought the bike back with the insurance pay out... fixed it up himself including a custom flame paint job and added some goodies and put 3 grand in his pocket... Now he has a cool looking ride... That's what I call making a positive from a negative..

Good luck, man