IGNORED

I have a question for the Men!

Yama Mama

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Yama Mama, I guess it is each to their own. I personally don't understand pulling my bike into some sort of blocks just to rev the engine high, burn the wheels and abuse my engine and tranny. I have invested thousands in the purchase.. and have many thousands of miles yet to ride it!

What I do understand is the freedom and the exhilaration I feel while sharing the back road riding experience with my bride. I vividly remember what it was like to have to wait to own a bike of this quality so that I could share the experience with her.

I have lived long enough to know that it is not the giant accomplishments in life that mean the most. Instead, it is all the small ones that combine to form the core of our best memories. Maybe for some, the scream of the engine combined with the tire smoke might be part of that. For me, it is the rumble of the engine down some forgotten 2 lane road.

And since I'm not particular fond of breaking down, I'll treat her very nicely .... and only run her up to 90 in 3rd gear once in a while!!!! :mo money:

Well Yama Mama, I guess it is each to their own. I personally don't understand pulling my bike into some sort of blocks just to rev the engine high, burn the wheels and abuse my engine and tranny. I have invested thousands in the purchase.. and have many thousands of miles yet to ride it!

What I do understand is the freedom and the exhilaration I feel while sharing the back road riding experience with my bride. I vividly remember what it was like to have to wait to own a bike of this quality so that I could share the experience with her.

I have lived long enough to know that it is not the giant accomplishments in life that mean the most. Instead, it is all the small ones that combine to form the core of our best memories. Maybe for some, the scream of the engine combined with the tire smoke might be part of that. For me, it is the rumble of the engine down some forgotten 2 lane road.

And since I'm not particular fond of breaking down, I'll treat her very nicely .... and only run her up to 90 in 3rd gear once in a while!!!! :mo money:

Only 90??? Oh thats a 2nd Gen. I'm sorry!!:rotfl::stirthepot:

I've often wondered myself what the attraction was. Since a rear tire change out is usually over two hundred Dollars and I am worried about getting the most possible miles out of a tire, I don't get it either.

I will make these observations though, amongst those friends that get into doing burnouts that I know I've noticed this.

They always seem to be the the meglamaniace maccho types that get into this wastefull display.

They seem to have more money than sense or want people to believe they do.

The women that I've seen do it all had large breast in a small bikini top and at sometime during the burnout find an opportunity to flash thier large breast to the surrounding crowd.

The men that do it are often the type that thinks head butting is a contest of the fittist instead of an example of the moronic.

Both the men and women that do it don't mind smelling like burnt rubber.

Go figure.

Guest tx2sturgis

Its just a matter of simple mathematics. Beer + Testosterone = Burnouts.

One of the videos I put on youtube a couple of years ago features a guy doing a burnout on a Boss Hoss. I think it was the first video on youtube of that. Anyway, it got lots of viewings.