IGNORED

Help on how to price parts for 1st gen VR

OldBull

Trying to price parts on 86 VR, any advice appreciated. My thoughts on it here, feel free to punch holes in my theory.

I truly don't know what to price these parts at, first time I have ever parted one out.

I might be wrong and if I am I'd welcome some constructive criticisim. My thought is that since most of these parts are no longer available as OEM that the parts that are mint or near mint (my coin collecting vernacular coming out) should be worth at a minnimum half of what retail prices were when they were available. Some of the plastic parts, the ones that are most likely the rarest in top condition should by demand bring a higher price than what retail used to be.

Based on those thoughts I think I should ask somewhere in the vicinity of 50% of retail for mint/near mint and adjust percentage down from there based on condition issues.

Also this not being how I put bread on the table and having bought used parts myself and getting burnt occasionally I will gaurantee any mechanical or electrical parts to function and function properly, unless stated by me that function of the part is unknown and being sold as/is, money back gaurantee after part is returned minus shipping cost if any.

If I would have realized how tough this would be I would have done more research before I started. I mistakenly thought I could ask folks to offer a fair price and for the most part they would. I could get more at the scrap yard than some offered as fair. There have been a couple of fair offers not all are bad.

Thanks,

Bull