IGNORED

Poll for men only!

Iowawegian

Is Santa ready?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Is Santa ready?

• Yes, it's wrapped and under the tree!
    • I'm getting one, but haven't figured out what to give her yet!
    • No, I apparently haven't a clue what "nothing" really means!

SWMBO informed me that we would not be exchanging gifts this year but we could have stockings. OK, if that is what she wants. She also informed me we would not be having a tree. OK, saves me some work. Two weeks ago she sent me out to get a tree. One week ago she pointed out what she would like for Christmas. When I said that I thought we were not having gifts she said she did not want me to be disappointed. All bought, wrapped and under the tree, including the ones I bought in September.

My wife wanted a new front door. Got it and installed it. Then she wanted a new fancy storm door. Got it and put it in. She wanted the house painted in certain colors. DONE...All this in the past month. She said that was ALL she wanted for christmas..Wasn't that enough??? But. If there is not a gift for her under the tree I'm sure I will Have H--l to pay. Its wrapped and under it...

:Avatars_Gee_George::Avatars_Gee_George::Avatars_Gee_George::big-grin-emoticon::Venture:

Option 4 - Nothing!!!! But let me explain please.

We try to be good Christians and have followed a suggestion that our Church made quite a few years ago that seemed to make sense to us.

The general consensus was that Christmas had become too commercialized and had gotten away from the real meaning of the religious celebration. Santa Claus and the purchase (and exchange) of gifts had become the main focus and people were rating how much someone loved them based on the number and monetary worth of the presents given/received. We try to take care of the children's wishes by asking them to write down one thing they really want or need for Christmas and the kids seem to like the practice and say that they are less stressed out because they don't have to compete with the other kids.

So we only celebrate Christmas in a religious way by setting up a Nativity scene (handmade stall, animals and people), attending Church services on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and don't set up a tree or exchange gifts. We do however follow an older tradition and exchange one handmade gift on January 6th (Three Kings).

Sure has helped my stress levels over the past few years and we are now debt free over the holiday season. And Christmas now leaves me time enough to count all of the blessings that I have received from God over the year.

I'm not trying to get on anybody's case or step on toes. I'm not judging anyone either. I wish I could give all of you a present this Christmas, but know that my love for this family of riders is great and I appreciate each and every one of you.

So know, we really mean it from the heart when we wish you a very blessed Christmas and a happy New Year.

God bless and keep safe.

Option 4 - Nothing!!!! But let me explain please.

We try to be good Christians and have followed a suggestion that our Church made quite a few years ago that seemed to make sense to us.

The general consensus was that Christmas had become too commercialized and had gotten away from the real meaning of the religious celebration. Santa Claus and the purchase (and exchange) of gifts had become the main focus and people were rating how much someone loved them based on the number and monetary worth of the presents given/received. We try to take care of the children's wishes by asking them to write down one thing they really want or need for Christmas and the kids seem to like the practice and say that they are less stressed out because they don't have to compete with the other kids.

So we only celebrate Christmas in a religious way by setting up a Nativity scene (handmade stall, animals and people), attending Church services on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and don't set up a tree or exchange gifts. We do however follow an older tradition and exchange one handmade gift on January 6th (Three Kings).

Sure has helped my stress levels over the past few years and we are now debt free over the holiday season. And Christmas now leaves me time enough to count all of the blessings that I have received from God over the year.

Now thats what I am talking about! I couldn't agree with you more...good on you folks

:thumbsup2: