IGNORED

Snow, you"re kidding!!!!

brscooter

What a joy to wake up and see snow pouring down and actually sticking to the ground this morning. We had several inches across southern Louisiana and Mississippi. School was called off because people don't know how to drive in it here. A friend was driving to Florida today and had to turn back because the interstate was closed down about 40 miles from here due to the snow and then an ice storm.

I have lived in Louisiana all of my life (55 this month) except 3 years in the army and probably have not seen snow here 10 times. It did snow a lot the year I was sweating in Viet Nam. My wife made me a snowman and froze it in the freezer until I got home. It was ice then.

Glad it doesn't happen often but it is fun once in a while. About half of it has melted now. It is supposed to be back in the 70's by Sunday. What weather we have here. Lyle

No doubt that snow is something rarely seen that far South!

Twenty years ago I drove my car from Connecticut to New Orleans to visit family. It was mid-Winter so I put a brand new set of snow tires on the car for the trip. A few days after getting there my Dad borrowed my car to do errands and test drive it. He returned within 20 minutes. Told me there was a loud whine coming from the rear end and we better plan on tearing into the rear axle and find out what the hell was wrong. I laughed myself silly cuz I knew it was those snow tires creating the whine. My Dad never drove that car again......LOL!

No doubt that snow is something rarely seen that far South!

Twenty years ago I drove my car from Connecticut to New Orleans to visit family. It was mid-Winter so I put a brand new set of snow tires on the car for the trip. A few days after getting there my Dad borrowed my car to do errands and test drive it. He returned within 20 minutes. Told me there was a loud whine coming from the rear end and we better plan on tearing into the rear axle and find out what the hell was wrong. I laughed myself silly cuz I knew it was those snow tires creating the whine. My Dad never drove that car again......LOL!

Remember thoose studed snow tires? they sure made some noise too.

I was really hoping to see the snow but it didn't make it to Biloxi/Gulfport. They say it snowed in Bay St. Louis, 20 miles to the east. The system was traveling northeast. we could see it on the Radar here at the airport. When I want to see it, it never snows. Really miss the Oregon winters. Well, just the snow around Christmas time. By the way, I have a set of studded snow tires off my 80 Mercedez I lost in Katrina. Still on Mercedez rims. Can't even give them away down here.

I grew up in the southwest of Nebraska. In 1983 we had over three feet of the stuff in May. After school was out! Then in December 92, we had 19 inches fall in about an hour. Seems like the mountains arced it through the upper atmosphere and it all dumped that area. All this is to say, you guys in the south can keep the stuff, I don't want it anymore.

As far as Al Gore being honest, my tongue is still cramped from it being firmly planted in my cheek when I said that. Although, I would really like to find a pair of drumsticks hand signed by Tipper Gore.