I have a 1990 VR that I was getting ready for a nice road trip. Turned on the key and started checking all lights, turn signals, horn, etc. Everything functioned as it should until I tried the hazard lights. They always have functioned just fine in the past. Now, this time, they are "dead". Turn signals work just fine, front and back, both sides, but hazard lights won't come on at all. Anyone have an idea where to look to make repair ? I looked for a broken wire or loose plug in that maze behind the headlight. I checked the hazard light plug and switch. Where is the "flasher" located. Everything looks fine. HELP !!!!

Thanks.

Red Baron

Had a similar problem with my 84. It was the flasher unit in my case. I also had an intermittent problem with my turn signal as a symptom. It's located under the front fairing. New was kind of expensive. Shop around a bit on-line if you need to buy one. Should also check a few of the regular vendors mentioned in other threads.

You may be able to get to it by just removing the headlight if you have the right tools (I've used an offset box-wrench) to do that without taking the entire fairing off. If it does have to come off, it's really not too bad, just keep track of which screws went where for when you put it back together.

Mine didn't work when I first got my scoot, I discovered that mine was just the fuse. For some reason I thinking it wasn't one in the fuse box that it was an in-line fuse, but I may be wrong...

Thanks to the suggestion from SKID, I went back and did a second look at the fuses. I discovered a second, smaller fuse box, in front of the battery, below the primary fuse box. It, did indeed, have a fuse for the hazard lights. Yes, it was "blown". Replaced that fuse and problem resolved. Hazard lights work perfect, again.

This just reaffirms what a GREAT site this is with eveyone sharing knowlege to keep these 1st gen ventures on the road.

THANKS AGAIN !!!

Red Baron

Guest venture 777

I had the same problem the problem was a blown fuse. The fuse is located in the auxillary fuse box near the battery it also lights up the trunk light if the trunk light is out check the fuse wiring etc.:322: