IGNORED

no turn signal-no riding!!!!

Guest allenluikart

Guest allenluikart

Hello,

I am trying to track down the lack of turn signal on my 1991

I have checked all fuses and connections-the bike is almost skinless

should I consider replacing the signal relay?-its $130.00!!

The front "turn signal" lights are fine in a runny light condition-but no turn signal. The back siganl lights give me nothing-all bulbs are new

I worked hard all winter to get the bike painted and detailed-just bought it last year

BUT I can't ride in Cleveland Ohio without turnsignals

Your input would be greatly appreciated

Guest allenluikart

Muffinman

Fraid to say I didn't know I had emergentcy blinkers-I'll try em tomorrow night and let you know

Thank You

Allen

Allen if the emergency flashers work you will know that the wiring is ok to the lights if they work start with the turn signal switch before you spend big money on the flasher unit.

the emergency flasher switch is on the right side black top panel up near the instrument panel.

Jeff

You don't want to put in a $130 part w/o knowing it's bad. Trace the circuit on the wiring diagram, probe with a meter and sewing pin (to push thru the insulation) and find out where you lose power. In fact, the manual has a troubleshooting procedure which might help. I didn't look, but it might also have a procedure for checking out the flasher. Since it's all 4 lites, it could be the flasher, but also could be anywhere in the wiring up to the flasher.

Jeremy

Guest allenluikart

Gentlemen-what a great sight-put my emergentcy flashers on and all bulbs-front and back lit like a christmas tree!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't tell you how pleased I am

Now I need to look at my signal switch-do I take apart the hadlebar switch or is this a modulal up front (relay)

Please let me know -I can feel the wind in my face already

At least I can start putting together the back end!

THANKS

Al Luikart