IGNORED

Center Stand?

91nwl

I put a center stand on my 99 back in 2000. I can't remember who made it, maybe Don can. I won it out from under him on e-bay. It worked well and was as easy to lift as most any other big bike with a stand. I liked it for storage in the garage and cleaning. Didn't use it much on the road. I had a Concours sink into the pavement a long time ago and tip over and cause $3000 of damage to the fairing, so I don't trust center stands a lot on asphalt.

Can the 2nd Gen be fitted with a centerstand? Is it a Yamaha item, or aftermarket? Anyone have one? I assumed they did not have one, but there is a 2nd gen on e-bay now that claims to have one.

Thanks

I paid the $300+ for the Rivco centerstand and wish I had not. It was not used all that much, 10 times maybe, and the welds failed when the bike came up and the stand just folder forward taking the bike down on the right side. I posted some photos of that about a year and a half ago. If you do decide to try one, check the welds often.

JP

Can the 2nd Gen be fitted with a centerstand? Is it a Yamaha item, or aftermarket? Anyone have one? I assumed they did not have one, but there is a 2nd gen on e-bay now that claims to have one.

Thanks

Check with Hale374. He was selling a centerstand made by Freebird for a lot less then $300.00

I have a Freebird stand and its great. I even had mine powdercoated black so its pretty too. Problem is I have used it maybe 3 times since I have had it and need to take it off everytime I put the bike on the lift which I use much more.I have never been a center stand using kind of guy but I guess if you are you use it more. I would be willing to sell it as Im taking it off this week and probably wont put it back on. Let me know if you are interested or if anyone is interested PM me.