IGNORED

New Trailer Pics, Almost Finished !

mashley

Just thought I would post a few pics of my new trailer. Finally finished building the frame and sent it to the aluminum guys to have the boxes made. All I have left is to finish installing the lights, carpet the boxes and build the hitch for my bike. I'll post more pics later when it is complete.

Mashley,

The trailer looks really nice guy.

Very nice job you did on it.

I like how you have the tail light bar in the rear too.

Is the long notch acroos the top where the aft compartment lid hinge is, and you notched it out so it dont hit the front section lid?

Hey, Eck. Yes the notch is for the lid to hinge open. I tried to get change the design to a side open lid to avoid the large notch, but the aluminum fab guys already had the large compartment sheared and broke when I got to it.

Thats a nice looking trailer bud. I like the forward compartment too. Can kep thing separated a little. Does it have a cooler box to go with it yet..:whistling:

I made a cooler rack for my bike (see attached photo).

I may make some changes to it this winter. I noticed that every time I went to get a cold one out of the cooler, the cooler was fairly dirty from all the road grime...

Im thinking of expanding the rack size to accomodate an enclosed hand made box with a lid on it, that my cooler can slide into..This will do two things..keep the cooler clean in case I want to take it off and put it on a picnic table and it will also help insulate the cooler to keep things cold.

Being at the rear of the bike the exhaust does expel a lot of heat in that area and to add the 90 degree plus weather I ride in the cooler itself does not stay as cold as it should.

And many people think Im carrying around a car battery on the back of my bike...

Great looking hauler !!!! Here's a couple snaps of the one I built a couple years ago now... :smile5::smile5:

I had to learn to TIG AND MIG weld aluminum before tackling this one so it was a real experience. I have a nephew that is a welding GURU so the education was free. Well almost..... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v208/01REDWING/th_JustDone1.jpg http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v208/01REDWING/th_EagleGraphic2.jpg

Edited by Gold Rush
add picture