IGNORED

Unbeliveable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iowawegian

Just got back from a week long "girls" trip to Arizona with my mom, aunt and 2 cousins. Got to see the Grand Canyon and Sedona for the first time in my life!!! I was speechless! I never knew the desert could be so pretty!! Thought I'd throw in a pix. I'm the one hunkered down. Also, we drove up 89A "Oak Creek Canyon". What a thrill! Hope to bike it someday with the hubby. First day back at work and I'm beat. My mom and aunt are in their early 70's and kept us "kids" running from sun up to sun down for 7 days straight!! Wish I had half their energy!

Sedona and Grand canyon can only be appreciated in person, pic and films won't do them justice. The surrounding areas are also very nice. The South West has much better if you know where to look. Did you get to the Oak Creek (?) look out? Native American artisans sell some fantastic jewelry just outside Sedona (look out for the tourist junk). We stay at the Vista Motel very biker friendly and the price is right. Rod

Well folks I live here in Phoenix and yes the desert can be very beautiful (in the winter, spring, and fall). It is a might warm in the summer! :thumbsup2:

But 8-9 months out of the year are pretty much riding weather.

That is soooooooooooooooooooo awesome you girls did that!! I travel the desert region every year and EVERY time I see pics like that it still stirs a longing in my heart - indeed,, there is NO WAY pictures can do that region justice.. Everytime I see the canyon I just stand there looking over the edge thinking "that isnt real - it isnt possible that something could be that beautiful...

Thanks for sharing

'Puc

Sedona and Grand canyon can only be appreciated in person, pic and films won't do them justice. The surrounding areas are also very nice. The South West has much better if you know where to look. Did you get to the Oak Creek (?) look out? Native American artisans sell some fantastic jewelry just outside Sedona (look out for the tourist junk). We stay at the Vista Motel very biker friendly and the price is right. Rod

Went to Oak Creek and bought a lot of jewelry!!!

Loved the twisty roads!!

"there is NO WAY pictures can do that region justice.."

There really is no way to describe it. It was surreal!! It was like a painting that I wanted to reach out and touch! Pictures would never do it justice. It was also the colors that I couldn't believe!

Just got back from a week long "girls" trip to Arizona with my mom, aunt and 2 cousins. Got to see the Grand Canyon and Sedona for the first time in my life!!! I was speechless! I never knew the desert could be so pretty!! Thought I'd throw in a pix. I'm the one hunkered down. Also, we drove up 89A "Oak Creek Canyon". What a thrill! Hope to bike it someday with the hubby. First day back at work and I'm beat. My mom and aunt are in their early 70's and kept us "kids" running from sun up to sun down for 7 days straight!! Wish I had half their energy!

Wow! Sounds like a great trip! You're right about 89A, I rode that on my Virago back in 2003 and the sights were awesome! Some of the turns down through the canyon were a little tight for me, I guess I'll have to go back and try them again now that I've been riding a few more years!