IGNORED

Question on turn signal

Question is do I need to replace the left turn signal or the

signal switch or the relay??

My left front turn signal went out, so I replaced it and it still will not work??

Tried another bulb and still not working.

Cleaned out the holder and still not working.

The light still works but not the turn portion of the bulb??

I thought if you had power to the bulb both would work.

Give me some of your wisdom please.

THANK YOU in advance.......................Ron

Hi Ron!

Can you hear the blinker working? I truly dont know if they make the same noise that a car one does but I had to ask.

Second...is it possible you managed to put the bulb in wrong? Its a 1157 isnt it? I know I have done that on my trailer and the bulb will light up and still have no blinker action.

The 1157 has two filaments in it. Two completely different circuits feed these filaments. From your checking, the bulb apparently isn't bad. It must be in the turn signal circuit somewhere. If the RH turn signal works, then maybe it's a broken wire out to the left bulb.

Try the flashers to see if the wiring is good vs. the turn signal switch. The flasher control switch is on the throttle side controls.

When you test, see if the light works ... yes, it's on, oh wait, no it isn't, wait, yes it is, repeat.:crackup:

Let us know what you find.

RR

Last week after returning from a "leaf peeping" run, I realized that my front left turn signal wasn't working. Changed the bulb, but still no luck. I traced it to the feed wire to that bulb had worked itself loose. It plugs under the front fairing, in the center and behind the driving light bracket (if you have them). It's a bear to get to but I was able to replug it with the help of a long pair of needlenose pliers. I also had to take the front fairing off so I could release that wiring harness and gain an inch or so of slack. They have worked fine since. It probably happened if you removed the driving light bracket and let it hang for one reason or another. They sure didn't make that hookup an easy one.

Brian

Thank you all for the response. I traced the wires back and all was connected.

I tried everything I could think of and had no result. So I figure to order a new one and out of the blue it started working?? Go FIGURE!

Thanks for the input and now I know at least were to start if it happens again. Maybe someone else may learn from this thread as I did.

Thanks allot for your replies.......................................Ron