IGNORED

RSTD backrest/luggage rack on RSMV

I have removed the trunk on my 03 RSMV. Now I want to put a backrest/luggage rack on for trips. I know, why didn't I just leave the trunk on. Well, I'm 5'7" and 145# and have put 57K miles on this beast mostly 2 up. The wife has her own now, and since she doesn't ride with me I decided to see what it felt like without the added "top" weight. Totally changed the way it handles. Love it even more. Now to the real question. Will the removable backrest and luggage rack for the newer RSTD's bolt right up on the 03 RSV? There are several holes in the fender strut and some of them were not used with the trunk rack. I'm thinking the RSTD fender/strut is probably the same as the RSV. Can anyone confirm this before I go out and blow a bunch of money on a part that won't fit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have an 06' RSTD and my wife would love to have the Venture back seat and trunk on our bike. I have studied and it looks possible, but hate to invest the money if it won't work. I've been looking for salvaged parts but still would like to know if anyone has tried this before?

I have a rstd 06 ,I have added a back seat and trunk from a venture , hardest part was to find the seat and trunk , after that it was easy everything matched up holes were there but pluged .

Thanks for your experience. I will now begin to look for a RSV back seat and trunk. Pearl white of course:256:

looking to do the same I'LL keep my eyes open for you "Pearl White" if you keep your eyes open for me "Midnight Black"