IGNORED

Houston/Galveston Short notice ride

Owen

Owen,

I'd like to go but cant this weekend. Hope it works out for you. How about a ride next weekend (Sommerville for really really big Steaks)? Wife not feeling well this week. We could go through Navasota and Independence (ghost town) Tx on the way with some great riding roads.

Have a great time.

I have to fix my fence tomorrow and what time is left in the weekend needs to be spent preparing for the Stampede next weekend. Why don't you guys run up to Athens Saturday (10/17/08) for a run through East Texas. There will be quite a few of us there. Heck come up Friday night and come back Sunday. There's plenty of rooms or camping space available.

Ponch

Edited by Ponch
added date to Athens run

You will see lots of bebris. When you come off the bridge there is a large area fenced off, toward Moody Gardens, just piled high with storm trash. Boats all over the place. Buildings in the Strand are gutted.

According to the promoters, they are still planning on having the Lone Star Ralley there at the end of the month. They want to try and bring in some commerce to the island.

Have a safe ride.

thanks for the invite owen. just read your post would like to go but just got off work at 7:00am and finaly have the insurance person coming over to look at the damage to the house from ike this moring. have a great ride and be safe. say hi to margret for me. looking forward to meeting up with you guys soon.

best reguards

don c.