IGNORED

Dragon tail

Jus Monkeyin Around

Just south of the Smokey Mountain National Park in eastern TN and western NC. Some of the best riding in the eastern US. The Tail of the Dragon is hwy 129 right on the border of TN and NC. Be careful and maintain strict lane control. Also, there is a strong LEO presence on this road to keep the squids under control.

Several great M'cycle lodges in the area. If you have a week to burn some gas and tires, this is a fantastic place to go.

Will be down there the last week of October (if it doesn't snow up here and make it impossible to get down there).

RR

Fun ride in a great area! So far my favorite is to ride the Dragon, then the Cherohala Skyway, eat, then turn around and go back. If you can, go during the week. Fewer squids and LEOs. Stick close to the speed limit, at least the first couple of times, and watch out for the occasional semi.

my wife and I will be in Gatlinburg the 24,25 &26 of oct. I am planning to ride the dragon on the 25th. The wife is a lot more of a football fan than I am and she doesnt want to tackle that ride so she is staying at the cabin watching Bama and Tenn play while I go play!!

My wife and I did the Dragon this past August during our trip from Omaha, NE to the East Coast and Back.

I had heard and read of the Dragon from several sources and was a little more than intimidated when I first got there. Afer a few turns though, I REALLY started to enjoy the curves and was pretty heavy on the throttle and brakes. I could smell the breaks at times.

Just remember that the road is very dangerous and you have to be on your toes the whole time. While pulled over at a scenic overlook, we were told that a couple on a Goldwing missed a curve and went off a cliff the day before. - This was a rather sobering thought and really reminded me of how dangerous the road CAN be.

That being said, the road is pretty neat even if you don't 'hog' your way thru it. My wife and I are anxious to do it again.

craigr

WOW, What a ride I did not have time to make it to the Dragon man I need more time for a small vacation. I just made it to Grundy Va. did the the mountain roads man the most beautiful riding I have done in years scrapped my knee on the ground first time for that then I had to go back to change my underwear :shock3: scared myself too fast for curve but WOW I loved it. cant wait to go back the mountains are so beautiful 1500 miles in the weekend. Thank You the map I am planning that for the next ride!!!!