IGNORED

Rim compatability

Will an 86-93 rear rim and rotor fit on an 83-85 Venture, and also without having to change the rotor if it does?? I have a '88 rim and I thought it might be easier to take it down to the local bike store and have a new VenomX I have mounted on it and then do the R&R on the '83 all at once.

I think the rotor changes in there somewhere but you can swap rotor in minutes and use rim if I'm not mistaken. Someone else will jump in here with info that the change was 86 and the rotors are 1/2 inch larger I think but wheels remained same. But wait for someone with better gray matter than mine to confirm this.

Front or rear wheels? Rear wheel you need to change the plastic bowl that fits up against the final drive [deeper on 83 84 & 85] Solid rotor on early gens floating rotors on later, dont know if that will make any diff.:confused24::confused24::confused24: :canada::canada::canada:

Jack, I'm "Ivory Soap" certain (99 44/100%) that they are the same rim with different rotors. They better be for when I finally install that font fork assembly I bought from you on my '84 I'm hoping for no surprises but I am putting the newer 4 piston calipers on along with the apropriate rotors and of course am using my original rim...

Jack, I'm "Ivory Soap" certain (99 44/100%) that they are the same rim with different rotors. They better be for when I finally install that font fork assembly I bought from you on my '84 I'm hoping for no surprises but I am putting the newer 4 piston calipers on along with the apropriate rotors and of course am using my original rim...

Bob, and all, Thanks everyone for the feedback. I think I'm going to go back to square one on this and just use the original rim and rotor. I thought I could maybe do this 'pit stop' style, but if it's going to be a hastle swapping things out, I'm going to be lazy about the whole thing.....