IGNORED

System Glitch?

Condor

While reading an ad in the Classifieds I find that when I click on the members name it takes me to an empty page with profile..specs..etc. down the left side of the window, instead of taking me to the members actual profile page. Any one else having this problem??

Unfortunately, the classifieds software is not perfectly integrated into the forum software. The profile there is different and unless a user fills out their profile in the classifieds, there will be nothing there.
I don't know if you're happy with the way the classifieds work or not, Don, but there is an alternative. One of the BMW forums I visit uses a simple forum structure for their classifieds, and it seems to work really well. For whatever reason, I seem to be more inclined to visit that one than one on another forum that functions like the one here. That could just be be me too... I am a strange one after all. :rotf:

Here is how the one looks that is setup just like a regular forum (they simply dis-allow anyone but the original poster from replying, forcing everything to go through e-mails or PMs):

BMW Sport Touring Classifieds

Again, take it or leave it. The classifieds here work just fine, in fact, I had my RSV listed in them until it sold. It's just another option since you said they're not truly integrated into the site.

Thanks. It would be very easy to set up classifieds within the forums as they have. The problem is that it means a lot of manual work to keep them cleaned up. There is no way to have the automatically expire and delete after a certain number of days as there is with the current setup. Lot's of manual pruning and etc. With the exception of the profile pages, I'm fairly happy with what we have now. I'll try to work on the profile issue when I get a bit of time.

There is no way to have the automatically expire and delete after a certain number of days as there is with the current setup. Lot's of manual pruning and etc.
Bummer. That would definitely be a pain in the... :buttkick:

With the exception of the profile pages, I'm fairly happy with what we have now. I'll try to work on the profile issue when I get a bit of time.
Yeah, it works well, just didn't know if it too was a pain since it wasn't fully integrated.