IGNORED

Road Glide Fairing ---- Please don't shoot!!!

Guest buckbuckey25

Guest buckbuckey25

Ok.. I am sure I might get slayed for this.. But here goes anyhoo...

I have a 06 RSTD Midnight. I put the Hoppe Batwing Faring on it and I enjoy it quite a bit! Having music on a bike is something I will never be without again!

Now for the slaying.. Has anyone ever put a road glide fairing on the Royal star? I did a little MS paint rendition and think it would look super cool... Seems to fit the thinkness of the bike quite well to me.. I have done some digging on the wasternet.. and have come up empty handed..

Any feedback or direction is appreciated!!! If anyone has seen a RS with this I would certainly appreciate any pics!!

Thanks again!

Brian

:think:

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey its been done with the V-Rod...

http://www.cyclevisions.com/media/roadrod-red6.jpg

A couple of thoughts. The RoadGlide fairing mounts with clamps to the upper part of the highway bar, so that would have to be modified. I'm not sure about the upper mounting points. You would need to measure the inside clearances, and see if the tank, bars, or other objects might interfere.

Also, you might have to move it farther forward...in your pic, ( which is very cool!) it is sitting back more than it can on the real bike, due to the way it is made.

Im sure all the electrical mods can be done, but one thing remains, that is, two headlamps, pulling about 110 to 120 watts, but you can always go with HID lamps, bringing the power level down to around 70 total for both lamps. Or, a stator upgrade would be another solution.

Just think. With this fairing, you can have all the gee-whiz bells and whistles that you can have with the new Harmon-Kardon HD stereo..including weather band, XM radio, CD MP3 player, Bluetooth, and builtin GPS! Although, those units are controlled with handlebar controls, which might have to be added or bypassed. You could always use an off the shelf stereo.

Overall, it looks good...but be ready to spend some money...and just imagine the looks this thing would get!

Edited by tx2sturgis

Guest buckbuckey25

Sweet.. Cause I like the vroom vroom too much of my RSTD!!! I don't want it to be a Hardley Davidson (spelling intentional). I just like the looks of that style fairing. Oh well.. I'll keep digging at some opportunties to apply this fairing. I think I am going to go and look at one and see how it is mounted and check for feasiblity.

Thanks for all the posts!

Guest buckbuckey25

:banana:

Lookie at what I found!! Well it is a poor picture but it shows this has been done!!! Man I wish I could find more of this bike. More so, I would prefer to speak with the person/business that did it!

Thoughts? Hard to tell the profiles and lines from this perspective.