IGNORED

Audio question?

jprider4life

since we can add a CD changer into out RSV and I assume we then can use our master controller to inter act with it can you hook up our Ipod to do the same with a special wire to the audio controller?

I hope this makes sence to you all and some one can answer this question Ill continue looking into the search to see if anyone has asked this question before but so far I haven't come across it.

Thank you for everyones patience.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes & No... You don't use the same hook up as the CD Player .. But can use a male to male headphone type wire (Make sure it's a stereo cable) and plug into the jack at your cassette player or open the fairing and there's a hook up in there if you don't want to leave your cassette door open... You set your controller to the AUX position... This will allow you to control the volume at your master controller but you still have to use the ipod to change songs.

FYI some people like myself have had problems with Ipod hard drive units probably due to vibration... Flash drives work better cuz they have no moving parts.

IMHO the flash drive MP3 player is a better option over the CD player as CDs skip like a schoolgirl... I have a Sansa e260 that has a 4 gig flash drive and if I didn't leave it out in the shed during the winter it would still be great but now my LCD display is messed up but it still works great.

I use a 30GB hard drive based player (iAUDIO - they recognize the most codecs). I have it wired (power and audio) into the trunk. I turn it on, select a playlist, and drop it into the web pouch in the trunk. It just sorta hangs there upside down and plays all day. I've never had any trouble with the hard drive (knock on a wooden head for typing it out loud).

I think mounting is the problem with HD based players. Mine is loose so it doesn't get overly harsh shocks. Since it's vertical the majority of shocks are also in the direction the drive heads move anyway, so it doesn't bang the heads against the platters. It does skip occasionally, but nothing at all like the CD player.

26k miles, third season, most of the time the player is in there. We used it to the top of Pikes Peak and back, which is a pretty rough road. It skipped a little but survived quite nicely. So far so good. :)

Thought this might be of interest. No more wires

Its posted at "thinkgeeks.com"

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/front/standalone_or_car_cassette_mp3_player.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/alt-image-zoom.gifZoom http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/alt-image-more.gifMore Images

Will the cassette tape ever die?

In between the beloved LP record and the now familiar CD, there was another music media format - the cassette tape. It was very popular during the 80's and one thing that definitely made it standout was that, unlike a LP, you could easily record onto a cassette tape. Before that your recording options were primarily limited to reel-to-reel tape machines, which were usually pretty large and sometimes not so friendly. Being able to record onto cassette tape also lead to the ever popular "mix tape" - which was usually a collection of kick ass songs you'd give to your wannabe girlfriend or someone else you were trying to impress.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/other/standalone_or_car_cassette_mp3_player_embed.jpg This MP3 player is built into a standard cassette tape, letting you use it as either a uniquely old-school-style MP3 player, or with any car cassette or cassette player to play your music. You will have no problems listening to hours of your favorite songs via the built-in SD card slot, and you can easily change to different songs if you have multiple SD Cards. If you are into retro style looks but with a new technology upgrade, this is a MP3 player worth adding to your gear.

progress.gif