IGNORED

Trip

fardnarger

Well just took my first trip on a Venture (2005) the wife on her 2005 VTX 1300, We left on Thrus evening Sept 4 from Florence Ms heading to Dogpatch Ar (worst rally I have ever been to, will not go again) but the ride thru Jasper, Ar, hwy 7, 43 and 74 were great rides, rode to Boxley Valley saw the Elk come within 100 yards of us, spent two days in that area, then headed out to Eureka Springs staying at the Iron Horse Stables (Nice Folks) very peacefully stay, rode in and around Eureka Springs a couple of days, then headed to Branson Mo, by way of hwy 86 to 65 good ride in the country, (had one of them free vacation there, sat in a 90 minute presentation) got 3 days and 2 nights free. Left out Thur heading to Hot Springs Ar for the rally by way of 65 to 7 GREAT Ride except for the 40 mile detour due to washout on hwy 7. Check the weather Thur night and decided to leave for home Friday Morning due to weather, of the 1500 mile trip we did not get wet untill 40 miles from home. The venture average 42 mpg the vtx 44 mpg, the venture was a little squirly on the curves, need to do something about it and I developed a shake on front end if you have one hand on the Handle bars and you are letting off the throttle, any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. My Wife says that skunks should be on the endangered list in Ar as many as we saw dead on the road.

First and easiest thing is to make sure you have proper air pressure in the tires. Second is to make sure the steering head bearings are tight enough. Y is bad about leaving them too loose. Up on a jack, the front end should be tight enough that the bars will not fall back on their own when lifted just off of the locks. Anything less than that is too loose. Either one or both of these will cause such instability.