IGNORED

Took a ride through Ike

dynodon

Yesterday about 3pm a friend called out of the blue and asked if I wanted to accompany him on a quest to ride through the last bits of Ike to go through Illinois to pick up a new bike trailer about 100 miles away.

Not thinking......I said yes.

Got on the leather, thinking that it hadn't rained in a couple hours (got 8 inches of rain, the previous two days) I brought the rainsuit, but didn't put it on.

Temp in the low 60's, put on the Nolan with the full face shield.

Roads were wet, we rode in and out of sprinkles and light rain about every 15 minutes. had to detour twice around flooded roads.

Picked up the trailer (NICE) and then followed my friend home with my new fog lights lighting him up because he didn't have any lights on the trailer. We rode in total darkness for about an hour, but made it home, took roads with light traffic and kept close together so his reflecters were always lit.

This was a ride that stretched my "envelope" as I haven't ridden in the wet much for over 20 years (like a lot of you, I took a break for 20+ years between motorcycles).

My '86 VR was a total joy. Fairing kept all water off me except on the helmet, and the bike ran great. My first really big touring bike and I wish I could buy a brand new one just like it. Come-on Yamaha, bring back the VR.