IGNORED

Free PC Support Info & Utilities

Cerviperus

This was brought up in another post, so I figured I'd create a new post with the info in case anyone is interested. Here is the spreadsheet I give to people when they come to me saying, "Help me I screwed up my computer at home!!"

In the file you'll find 4 tabs.

1. Threat Lineup - just a basic overview of the different ypes of PC threats (taken from a Maximum PC article.
  2. TechList - the collective list of many of the best websites and free software to get your computer running in top-shape.
  3. Safe Mode - many fixes require you to boot your PC into Safe Mode, you can find out how to do that here.
  4. System Restore - many threats embed themselves in System Restore, and simply pop right back, after a cleaning, when you reboot your machine. This walks you through clearing your System Restore.

The file is an Excel spreadsheet. If you do not have Microsoft Excel, you can download the free viewer here, or a complete Office replacement here.

Feel free to move this thread to the appropriate forum, or make a sticky if it's found to be valuable.

thats a good idea and a good list to get people going on what to do to help themselves. Sometimes lists like that get too detail, and I see people's eyes glaze over and I know its not going to help, but this list looks straight and to the point enough to be helpful

Brian