IGNORED

Jetting for exhaust swap???

Pardon me if this question has been beat to death, searched and no luck.

I have a 1999 RSV (Recently acquired) with OEM exhaust, I am acquiring a set of (Samson???) fishtail slip on's.

Will the carbs on these bike need to be re-jetted for the different mufflers?

Does anyone have these? Opinions on sound level and quality requested.

Does anyone know of a picture on this site of an RSV with these fishtails?

Regards, Motiv.

Hi and welcome to the site. No you do not have to re-jet with the sampsons. They look great on the bike in my opinion the chrome is very good quality. But the reason I took them off my bike was they are way too loud for my taste. I really liked the look and wanted to keep them, but the noise was just too much on long trips. Give them a try and see what you think its an easy swap.

Craig:080402gudl_prv:

You'll be s-o-r-r-r-y!

I put Samson's on a couple of years ago.

Put up with them and put up with them - damned noise - then re-fitted the originals.

Still sounds good, is legal and my pillion-in-a-million bride will now ride again with me.

My 2c worth!

Hi Motiv...

I have a set of Samson 29 inch turnouts on my 2006 RSMTD. They do not have removable baffles because of the turnout. Holding up real well. Does not bark like the Bub's on my brother in law's Road Star but they sound pretty good. No complaints here. No bluing from heat like on the Bub's ... no rust... the chrome appears to be pretty thick. Look pretty nice I think, and other's have stated that also...

Larry :cool:

I had a set of the Samson fishtails on the last rsv, loved them. The current rsv came with a set of the Samson turn outs, bit too loud for me. Currently have a set of hd ultraclassic mufflers on. Fishtails were my favorite. No rejetting on any so far.

Bill

Might be interested in a used set of fishtails, or trade for a set of turn outs?