IGNORED

Help with broken seat mounting bolt

Big Buck

I broke both of my bolts. I had to take the staples out of my cover, pull it back, and the bolts are molded into the seats. You have to cut into the molding with a knife where the bolt is. I took a punch and drove the bolt all the way out the part that I had cut with a knife. I put a longer bolt back in with a washer and put a nut on the other side of the molding. You can't get to long of a bolt because the seat won't go back on. Make sure you try it before you staple the seat cover back. I didn't take the cover completely off, just halfway. This raised my seat up a little because the bolt sits on top of the frame. You have to put another bolt on it in order to hold the seat to the frame. Hope this isn't to confusing.

I got tired of messing with the nuts and left them off. If the seat blows off with my big a$$ on it there is bigger problems then the nuts.

I guess some would argue your battery could be stolen easier if you leave them off but the only people that where the battery is are Venture riders and we know they wouldn't steal anything.......

I was recently working on a Tour Classic and it has a key lock to hold the saddle on. What's the hecks with that? Yamaha couldn't figure out how to put that on the Venture?

BOO

I repaired my original seat but it was years ago. I pretty much did it the same way that Hairman did but I did manage to get the old bolt out and put a new one in the same way it was in. It was years ago and I don't remember now exactly how I did it.