IGNORED

What size Snap Ring do I need for the Shifter Shaft?

Well I was buttoning up "Walt" my 1986 Venture Royale today after replacing the Starter clutch......all was going great until I was installing the Gearshift shaft back into the side cover. I was ever so gently tapping the snap ring back into the groove of the gearshift shaft when I slipped and heard a faint "Ting" "Ting" in the far corner of the garage. My shop has a reputation for eating tools, bolts, and nuts.....once they hit the floor they are never to be seen again. So after a futile search, I have come to the realization I need to procure a new snap ring before I can move forward getting Walt all back together again. (notice how I blame my shop, not the hack mechanic who slipped and lost it in the first place.....My wife calls this "denial and avoidance", all of which I'm an expert in with only "procrastination" being higher ranked on my list of skills) :doh:

Long story short, a question to all our Experts......What size snap ring do I need to buy for the Gearshift shaft? It is the one that retains the shaft on the front of the side cover:

Thanks in advance to all the experts that will once again bail me out after a mistake I made.

IMG_0750.jpg p_1000126933.jpg

Thanks for the "Guidance" guys!!!! gaj1917 videoarizona

My friendly neighbourhood Lowes store sold me a 1/2" "E clip" today. It appears I have been misusing the term "Snap Ring" instead of the proper industry standard name of "E Clip".....my bad! The 1/2" clip seems to be working so far.

Although I live in the land of snow, maple syrup, and metric measurements (aka Canada) no one appears to have told our local hardware stores that they also need to carry a larger selection of metric bolts, nuts, and assorted metric mechanical sundries! I think I might write a letter to the government about how our "Canadian Identity" is being jeopardized by being forced to only buy "Imperial size" hardware!!!!! Hash tag #MetricLivesMatter Join the movement!

Thanks for the "Guidance" guys!!!! gaj1917 videoarizona

Although I live in the land of snow, maple syrup, and metric measurements (aka Canada) no one appears to have told our local hardware stores that they also need to carry a larger selection of metric bolts, nuts, and assorted metric mechanical sundries! I think I might write a letter to the government about how our "Canadian Identity" is being jeopardized by being forced to only buy "Imperial size" hardware!!!!! Hash tag #MetricLivesMatter Join the movement!

Agreed. Canadian Tire has a pretty good collection of metric nuts and bolts, but that's it. I've been able to track down other metric hardware online, mostly at Amazon.