IGNORED

Text (SMS) messages from iPhone displayed on screen

I put all my mp3’s On a 32G stick & plugged it into USB1 on the right front. Got over 7 days continuous music available and its ALL searchable by artist, title, album or genre! Can’t beat that with a stick!

Wait! What you have a stick you can't beat with a stick!!:scared:

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have a new Venture yet, working on it but I had the same issue with the Sync3 in my new Ford truck. The fix for it was once I connected to the truck with Bluetooth go to settings in the Iphone then Bluetooth and then select the circle with the i to the right of the Bluetooth connection and turn on show notifications. With Iphone you have to do it for each Bluetooth connection, it defaults notifications off. Then my text worked with the trucks Sync3.

• 2 weeks later...

IPhone X with update 12.0.6... I receive text messages just fine. I just adjusted the settings in the infotainment system, didn't mess with my phone at all. Also I prefer to plug my phone into the USB and access my music and Pandora this way...works great and charges my phone also, the upgrade allowed my phone to be Blue toothed and USB plugged in at the same time...awesome. I send and receive phone calls without issues either.....no one can tell I'm even on my bike (I have a 3/4 helmet with a full shield).

IPhone X with update 12.0.6... I receive text messages just fine. I just adjusted the settings in the infotainment system, didn't mess with my phone at all. Also I prefer to plug my phone into the USB and access my music and Pandora this way...works great and charges my phone also, the upgrade allowed my phone to be Blue toothed and USB plugged in at the same time...awesome. I send and receive phone calls without issues either.....no one can tell I'm even on my bike (I have a 3/4 helmet with a full shield).

Glad it works for you...I've tried EVERYTHING and it doesn't work for me.

• 6 months later...

Breathing life back into this one...

I finally found the cause of the issue I was having, and fixed it. My problem? I did not have notifications enabled on lock screen. For those who may not be receiving text/imessages to their head unit, do the following:

Settings>Bluetooth>i with circle next to your Venture Bluetooth connection.

Ensure that "Show Notifications" is enabled.

If after doing that, you still don't get messages, do this:

Settings>Notifications>Messages and enable Alerts on Lock Screen. This was the piece that was preventing my messages from being delivered. As soon as I enabled this, I started getting message text to my screen. FYI, this was also the cause of my issues in my 2015 Ram 2500 with Uconnect.

Hope this helps others.

Breathing life back into this one...

I finally found the cause of the issue I was having, and fixed it. My problem? I did not have notifications enabled on lock screen. For those who may not be receiving text/imessages to their head unit, do the following:

Settings>Bluetooth>i with circle next to your Venture Bluetooth connection.

Ensure that "Show Notifications" is enabled.

If after doing that, you still don't get messages, do this:

Settings>Notifications>Messages and enable Alerts on Lock Screen. This was the piece that was preventing my messages from being delivered. As soon as I enabled this, I started getting message text to my screen. FYI, this was also the cause of my issues in my 2015 Ram 2500 with Uconnect.

Hope this helps others.

It does help, and thank you for the info. I still haven’t tried to set this up in my bike because I personally already feel a GLUT of information. Last thing I want to be doing is trying to read something on the screen while trying to drive. Although, the manual states it has “text to speech” AND “speech to text” capabilities. Have you tried using that yet? I’m curious as to how well it works. Interestingly, all of the VOICE ACTIVATED functions I’ve tried so far worked without a problem. Didn’t have to repeat myself 10 times because it didn’t understand me. Tapped the button and said “next track” and BINGO! Next song was being played. This bike is a tech junkies dream! :thumbsup2: