IGNORED

Ignition timing

Maybe someone can help me with this. While going through my checklist of maintenance items while putting my bike back together I decided to look up the ignition timing procedure. I went to the manual and started reading the procedure. To my surprise at the end of the procedure I find out that the timing is not adjustable. So my question is, is it necessary to check the timing at all? Would checking the timing be more of a trouble shooting procedure? I currently do not have a timing light and really don't want to buy one if the timing cannot be adjusted anyway. Thanks.

Maybe someone can help me with this. While going through my checklist of maintenance items while putting my bike back together I decided to look up the ignition timing procedure. I went to the manual and started reading the procedure. To my surprise at the end of the procedure I find out that the timing is not adjustable. So my question is, is it necessary to check the timing at all? Would checking the timing be more of a trouble shooting procedure? I currently do not have a timing light and really don't want to buy one if the timing cannot be adjusted anyway. Thanks.
The only time I ever saw it mentioned is when doing a valve adjustment, but there is no way to adjust timing, so I would say no