IGNORED

Barnett plate and springs

Hello Everyone, 

I have a question regarding my clutch on a 2001 Yamaha Royal star venture with 37k miles. I recently went on a 900 mile trip. On the way home I had to spend about 20 minutes in stop and go (mostly go slow) traffic on the interstate. It required a lot of clutch work. After this I noticed when I got on the throttle hard the transmission would slip. I got home and figured I just needed to do the Barnett plate and spring upgrade. I got my parts in and took off the clutch cover and SURPRISE there is already a Barnett plate and springs in. What I DID notice though is one of the bolts was backed out quite a ways. Could that be what’s causing the slippage?

Well upon further inspection all the bolts were loose  I retighten all of the to the specified torque and I’m putting it back together  

thanks in advance guys

Tony

Edited by Twowheelogre

Took her for a short ride. Clutch feels more responsive and I don’t have to slide into the gear anymore. Previously when starting from a stop I had to slowly let the clutch out and it felt like forever before I could release it now I’m in gear and rolling with clutch out in no time. It feels like a bat out hades compared to before. I’ll take it on a long ride and heat everything up tomorrow and see how it runs my guess is the bolts were my only problem and it made it feel the same as weak springs on the stock clutch setup. I know there were no responses to this but maybe this will help someone else that’s as naïve as myself one day. 

• Like 1