IGNORED

Has anyone fitted different forks or rear driveline to a venture ?

84VentureMatt

OK here's the question buddy of mine an a few drinks over dinner he asked if the FJR1300 shaft drive rear would bolt up to the Venture giving it the 17'" rear rim ..and if that was possible could a FJR1300 front fork assembly bolt up also giving a 17" front rim then use a FJR rear shock 

It sounds interesting to me but google has not provided any answer if it has been tried or is possible .. I have mounted different forks  and rims or swingarms on different bikes with slight to no modification example I had a Hawk650GT swapped a CBR600RR forks assembly and the rear rim from a VFR ( 8 spoke ) rear rim Ohlin's suspension really made the bike a knife like handling machine 

so now it has the creative mind going round in circles about the what ifs the biggest limitation i see is in the rear figuring out a way to get that 17" wheel I have seen a Vmax with a wider rear rim but i did not ask the gentleman about the build list at that time ( wish I had ) 

I know these bikes had a reputation for great handling ... but the idea of bumping the full suspension and tire area to a more modern set up has me wondering I love my 84 but what if my 84 could have a serious upgrade like a retro/modern build old skool looks classic reliable powerplant but modern suspension an tires .... would have to be cheaper than dropping 20+ grand on a new touring bike 

sounds like a crazy guy but has anyone else thought it or tried it .....my bike being down with the Brake issue has me looking around for lots of options to make something happen 

I cannot answer the direct questions but with some engineering, welding and math skills anything is possible. I was in my mid to late teens and riding a few unsanctioned races on a 125 Kawasaki when I wrecked and broke the forks. With no engineering I was able to replace those with some Honda forks I had.  Basically, cut the frames and welded them in place. Made sure the geometry of the forks was 'close enough' with mine and my dad's 'eyechrometers' we got it to work.  I actually saved enough money to enter my one and only Pro-Am using that frame (different engine). I came in 4th, so pretty good for some young punk from Northern Ohio. 

• Like 2