IGNORED

State Ride Map Question.

BigLenny

I gotta question...

My wife has a training she has to attend in San Mateo, CA the week of July 14th. She wants me to go with her, and us spend her off time seeing points of interest in the area. We'll probably go a few days earlier, and stay a few days after. If I go, and we rent a bike from Eaglerider, or some place like that, and we ride a couple days, can I technically count that as California being a state we have ridden in? Or, does it have to be on our own personal bike?

Opinions???????

Big Lenny

IMHO and according to The Code, its the actual CTFW experience and not what bike, or who owns the scoot that matters.. Most lop eared CTFW varmints abide by this but understand the true meaning of The Code as laid out in the vid below and allow for extremes such as touring Manhatten on a moped for acceptance into "I have ridden" claims. Some things that are direct violations of The Code though would be I.E. = sitting on your bike and running it thru the gears on a dyno and then claiming CTFW honors (bad idea), having someone else ride your bike and then claiming their mileage as your own = double bad idea, buying a used bike and claiming the previous owners CTFW experience as your own = triple bad idea - I am sure you, of all lop eared CTFW varmints understand all this 100% Lenny so INDEED,, rent that bike, tour California (Puc Advice = if you get out on "1" and come to "Stewards Point" = follow the bikes yearning to jump on Skaggs Springs Road and CTFW out to Geyserville.. WOWZY WOW WOW WOW will you be GLAD you did!! Here is short video of the last time we visited Skaggs out there in Trooper (even I aint crazy enough to ride one handed and video that puppy while while CTFW)..

Thinking about The Code and cameras = dont forget :photographing:'s to go along with the AWESOME ride report that will back up your filled in State of California claim on the map brother!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Of course! Bike ownership is not req'd.

I'd suggest that you head south on Highway 1 along the coast for as far as you feel like going. You might not get another chance. I suggest that you book a room if you don't plan to do the entire trip in a day. Not many places to stay and they are not cheap. Very beautiful scenery and LOTS of turns.

zag