IGNORED

Life Change

Freebird

About 3 weeks ago, I spent a week in Minnesota at our semi-annual sales meeting. I didn't want to go because I had to leave the day after the funeral services for my brother in law and I really felt that I needed to stay home with Eileen. It was not really an option though. I got to Minnesota on Monday and then on Tuesday night, I finally made the decision that I had been struggling with for a while. I tendered my resignation on Tuesday night and told them that I would work until the first of March. I have been with the company for 14 years and they truly are a great company to work for. After 25 years of constant travel though, I had just lost my excitement for the job. As most of you know, I had been running my brother in laws stairlift business for a little over a year so have a good idea about the potential of the business.

So, I am now self-employed. It was a big and scary step but I feel that I made the right decision. I have never been a person that wanted to own my own business but I think I am going to enjoy it. Though I am technically still working for my old company until March 2nd, I have a little over 3 weeks vacation coming so am starting it next Friday so I'm pretty much done with it. Eileen was encouraging me to resign and her first question was "why are you staying until March?"

The last year has been brutal trying to juggle two full-time jobs and to be honest, I'm so business right now with the stairlift business that I don't know how I managed to do anything else. So I would like to say that I have semi-retired but I don't think that is going to be the case. I guess I've just changed jobs. The only thing that is a bit scary is that I am giving up the company's contribution to my medical insurance. I will stay on it for the next 18 months through the Cobra plan but it's expensive and I can only keep it for 18 months. Then I will have to find something else. Except for that, I feel pretty comfortable with my decision.

Congratulations and best wishes for you Freebird!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk