IGNORED

Adding to the Armory!!

Yammer Dan

Congrats on the new goodies!

I'm thinking of getting one of these

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/94872/sig-sauer-1911-rimfire-pistol

on sale at the moment, it's made by GSG (German Sporting Guns) & the GSG 1911 & SIG are identical (apart from naming marks) lots of accessories & spares etc

It's only a .22 but that's all I want at the moment & can't afford silly money for bigger ammo.

The ONLY real negatives I've seen in multiple reviews are

1. the finish can wear off the slide (slide is aluminum & the bluing can wear easily)

2. Many don't like the grip safety (I don't think it would bother me & it can be overridden if necessary)

Got 3 new to Me in one day!! Deal I couldn't pass up!! A Mossberg 12 Defender. A Ruger Mini 14. And a Panther AR15. All fully decked out ready to play!! And 1/2 a truck load of Ammo!!

OUTSTANDING!! Is that Mini 14 a 7.62x39 DanL??

CONGRATS BRO!!!

Congrats on the new goodies!

I'm thinking of getting one of these

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/94872/sig-sauer-1911-rimfire-pistol

on sale at the moment, it's made by GSG (German Sporting Guns) & the GSG 1911 & SIG are identical (apart from naming marks) lots of accessories & spares etc

It's only a .22 but that's all I want at the moment & can't afford silly money for bigger ammo.

The ONLY real negatives I've seen in multiple reviews are

1. the finish can wear off the slide (slide is aluminum & the bluing can wear easily)

2. Many don't like the grip safety (I don't think it would bother me & it can be overridden if necessary)

I wore out a couple of Marlin semi auto .22 rifles years ago because the receivers were aluminum.. Just got really sloppy and tired after a few thousand rounds shot thru em.. Never really did pay much attention to keeping the slides lubed back then so maybe that was part of the early failures but I have my doubts. My lil Ruger Mk1 .22 has had thousands and thousands of rounds ran thru it, all kinds of junk too, everything from Stingers to low velocity stuff (it is really accurate with the slow speed stuff match stuff).. Its all steel and shows no sign of wear at all!! I think you make a good point about the aluminum observation Kretz, definitely something to consider IMHO!!!

OUTSTANDING!! Is that Mini 14 a 7.62x39 DanL??

CONGRATS BRO!!!

I wore out a couple of Marlin semi auto .22 rifles years ago because the receivers were aluminum.. Just got really sloppy and tired after a few thousand rounds shot thru em.. Never really did pay much attention to keeping the slides lubed back then so maybe that was part of the early failures but I have my doubts. My lil Ruger Mk1 .22 has had thousands and thousands of rounds ran thru it, all kinds of junk too, everything from Stingers to low velocity stuff (it is really accurate with the slow speed stuff match stuff).. Its all steel and shows no sign of wear at all!! I think you make a good point about the aluminum observation Kretz, definitely something to consider IMHO!!!

Comments made weren't that the slide itself wore Puc, just that the blued outside "finish" could wear off (making the gun look more used that it actually was).

Yeah Puc that's it. Can't wait to try it out. Made this deal thru NRA Handgun & Long gun Instructor Son so don't have them in hands yet!!!

You know if I had limited funds. I think I posted this not long ago I'd buy myself a Hi-Point 9 or 45 or 40 even a 380 all for under 200 bucks. If you need something that goes BANG when you pull the trigger these are hard to beat. I probally wouldn't buy (really not sure on this) if I was going to spend every day at the range burning a lot of ammo but take these and clean the slide that the casing rides on going into the chamber before you burn a lot of ammo with it. These slides are Powder Coated and the stuff gets soft and causes jams when hot. Clean and no jams!!!