IGNORED

Anybody on a Nissan Forum?

bkuhr

Wonder if anybody has recommendations of which Nissan forum to check out, or maybe can directly offer advice

Daughters 2009 Nissan Rouge. Issue started that it died and would not restart. Replaced battery and started 1 time, then would not restart again. At local garage they stated "alarm system is preventing start and even preventing any code reader from working", Also Nissan refuses to provide non-dealer shop with codes to reset alarm system. Then we tow to Nissan dealer and now have $2000 estimate, "EMC, shift unit shorted out, new battery + labor and tax". Does this sound correct? What is EMC?, Why another new battery when just replaced? It there any kind of recall to cover this drastic failure? Asked if we could buy parts and install ourselves, but answer was "every thing needs to be programmed again" which can only be done at stealer shop.....

Seems to me that this is POS, especially that MUST go to dealer to program anything, wondering if might be better to find what they would give for trade credit and get out of Nissan all together

I hate you're having problems with a Nissan. My wife and I have owned several Nissans and have great performance from them. We currently own a Nissan Quest van that we have been from one end of the country to the other on vacations. It has 193000 miles on it, and we're gonna use it again this for our vacation trip.

My wife has a 2014 Nissan Altima that has been perfect. She loves it.

We have owned other brand of vehicles too, and the Nissans have been some of the best ones we've owned.

My husband and I bought a used rogue abt 4yrs now. It was my 1st car beyond GM. After 2 weeks driving it, it has so many issues like brake failure and in discovering the history on the car, the so called warranty on the car from Nissan was void and not disclosed to us at time of sale. Needlessly to say, the dealership was forced to void the sale.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk