IGNORED

Been riding around Taos, NM for a few days

Midrsv

We left home last Monday for Taos, NM. We arrived on Wed after riding through the blast furnace in southwest Kansas and the Oklahoma panhandle. We spent the last few days riding around the area. They've been good days but sure wish it had been a bit cooler. Bandelier National Monument near Los Alamos was worth the ride. Tomorrow we head to Durango and then on to Montrose and Colorado Springs.

If you're interested in pictures they are at:

http://www.traynorphoto.com/taos

Dennis

Edited by Midrsv
Consolidated web links into one page.

Dennis - THANKS for including us in the memories of your ride!! Those pictures are GORGEOUS - looks like you folks had a riot!! The pic of the gentleman on the phone with the gas station selling gas for 3.24 a gallon is AWESOME = I sure miss cheap gas!! The lady and her smiling face in the pics makes me wanna get on the bike and head out - my wife (Tippy) has that exact smile on her face when we travel - NOTHING LIKE A HAPPY TOURING PARTNER BROTHER!!

Thanks again!

Puc

PS,, I could not agree more with that shirt blue shirt! NICE!!

Guest tx2sturgis

Did you ride the 'Enchanted Circle'?

Also....I found this thread too late but you might have ridden up to Red River area...its usually a bit cooler and just as scenic as Taos.

[ame]

[/ame]

Here are a few more photo links. We're back in Willow Springs, MO and we should make it home tomorrow. It's been an OK trip, far from the best that we've taken. The weather in Colorado was not great. If it wasn't raining it was very cloudy. Taos was very disappointing and we probably won't be going back there in the future.

Dennis

http://www.traynorphoto.com/taos

Edited by Midrsv
Consolidated web links into one page.

Here are a few more photo links. We're back in Willow Springs, MO and we should make it home tomorrow. It's been an OK trip, far from the best that we've taken. The weather in Colorado was not great. If it wasn't raining it was very cloudy. Taos was very disappointing and we probably won't be going back there in the future.

Dennis

www.traynorphoto.com/july27

www.traynorphoto.com/july28

www.traynorphoto.com/july29

www.traynorphoto.com/july30

www.traynorphoto.com/july31

Dennis, you've been retired so long that you've evidently forgotten that a bad day motorcycling is still better than a good day working!

Joe:big-grin-emoticon:

Dennis, you've been retired so long that you've evidently forgotten that a bad day motorcycling is still better than a good day working!

Joe:big-grin-emoticon:

You're right Joe. But the next time I have a bad day riding it will be in a better area than Taos.

We made it home yesterday around 5:45. 3810 miles overall.

Dennis