IGNORED

Emergency Flasher / Turn Signals Trouble Shooting

AKRefugee

Looking for ideas, thoughts and suggestions. My emergency flashers are only working on one side, the left side. When I turn on just the emergency flashers only the left side blink. If I turn on the left or right turn indicator they work normal but when I turn on emergency flasher while turns are on only the left flashes.

Emergency only on - left side only flashed

Right turn only on - ride side flashes

Left turn only on - left side flashes

Right turn on and Emergency on - left side only flashes

Left turn on and Emergency on - left side only flashes

So far I have replaced the Emergency Flasher relay with no changes.

Ideas, thoughts or suggestions?

Ride Happy Ride Safe

The Hazards over ride the turn signals so if the turn signals are working correctly without the flashers on don't worry about that part of the circuit. Which relay did you replace there are two for the Hazards? I sent up the signal system drawing via e-mail.

If you replaced the main hazard relay (the one with 6 wires) check the dark green wire coming out of the realy to see if you have power there when your emergency flashers are on (depending on the meter you may not read a full twelve volts), if you do and you replaced the relay the contact in the socket is probally bad. If you do have power than you problem is from there to the lights.

Edited by etcswjoe

Kevin,

Another member had a similiar issue here is the thread.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-75491.html

Seaking posted

Thanks Gary and all those who provided assistance and suggestions with this weird problem. With Gary's schematics I was able to figured out the issue and sorted out a few other electrical issues. As for the one side 4way hazard light issue, it was nothing more than a bad connection coming out of the hazard relay. After cleaning out the pins and connectors (and a little tightening squeeze on them), everything is back to normal.