IGNORED

96 Royal Star carb plugs...

I have drilled the brass plugs out and now I need to know which way to turn to richen my carbs up a bit. I have searched on a lot of Mikuni sites but they seem to all have instructions because I can't seem to fine much info on BDS28/4 carb banks. So what do...counter clock or clock to richen just a bit?

Turn them counter-clockwise to richen but first turn them in until they seat and record the number of turns so you know the original settings. Each carb could be different.

Turn them back to their original setting and then open them about a 1/4 turn at a time until you get the results you are looking for.

if they are tight be really careful screwing them. make sure the tip on the screwdriver is not too big as it will cut into the alumium and mess up the threads. put some wd40 on them to help. if you screw them in, count the turns and then take them all the way out ccw and use a hacksaw blade and cut a good deep slot in them to almost where the threads starts. put a little grease on the threads and turn them back in cw till the motor starts to miss and then turn back out 1/2 turn. that should be the best setting, i hadn't messed with mine for several yrs and had them set at 3 1/2 turns, after taking them out and doing this, i've got mine set at 1 1/2 turns now and it's running great. most of all the popping is gone and it runs a lot smoother.