IGNORED

2008 RSV Radio Problems

rreiber

My radio is giving me trouble and it is not always the same symptoms.

Often is locks up completely or locks up partially. At times I will not be able to change channels or change settings. It does not seem to follow any pattern although I think it is better when you shut the key off and back on. Sometimes it will not play at all. Often times FM or AM stations will cut out when I open the throttle and immediately come back on when I let off (kinda sounds like a loose connection on this symptom).

Any thoughts?

Ryan

In the fairing, look at the round and two square white connectors. assure they are clean ( no green on them ) I would bet some corrosion it settling in on a pin. If you find corrosion, clean the pin and some dielectric grease will help keep it clean.

My radio is giving me trouble and it is not always the same symptoms.

Often is locks up completely or locks up partially. At times I will not be able to change channels or change settings. It does not seem to follow any pattern although I think it is better when you shut the key off and back on. Sometimes it will not play at all. Often times FM or AM stations will cut out when I open the throttle and immediately come back on when I let off (kinda sounds like a loose connection on this symptom).

Any thoughts?

Ryan

check for pinched wires under passenger seat, or under any added seat backrest or seat modifications,

when you accellerate you move in the seat and wiggle the wires:080402gudl_prv:

Ditto the connectors in the faring. Mine was more pronounced in cold weather (it was fall, going on winter, at the time) in the morning it would act up and when it heated up in the afternoon it would be good.

Sometimes they can vibrate loose or get dirty. Mine was doing the same thing. Cleaned the connectors and put dielectric grease on them and no problems since.

If that doesn't work take it to the dealer, it's still under warranty! ;) :Bunny:

Mine was the head that you use to change everything was bad. Did the same as yours and mine was under warrenty so it was covered. Mine has been fine ever since they replaced the head. It was a two day turn around because they had to send the head into the radio company to make sure it was the problem. They said it was bad and sent a complete new one. Yamaha only covers it for 2 years and the radio company covers it the rest of the 5 year on the bike so they cover 3 years. I could be wrong on this but I know that yamaha does not cover it all the way for 5 years., but the coverage is run thru them .