IGNORED

Bike rack

dacheedah

Here is what I used to hold 4 bikes on the back of my tag along travel trailer. Don't know if this is what you wanted.

The pipe was 1" conduit and the angles were 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 x 1/8. It was 25" tall and 22 1/2" wide. The "u-bolts" fit around the back bumper. Pipe insulation around the pipe supports that the bikes rest on and then some duct tape over that.

Good Luck hope this helps.

I don't have pictures and don't have the rack any more but...

If you can weld this works.

I had a hardtop popup and made a rack like you are talking about.

I took 4 small pieces of angle iron for the feet at the edges where the strength was on the roof. Welded them to 1" square tubing for cross members. Bought some U channel for the bikes. (I had two bikes) and had that run lengthwise on the roof between the square tubing. Welded an upright a the front end with some threaded rod going through it. I took the front wheel off and bungeed to the side of the bike. The bike got attached to the upright by the front forks to the threaded rods. Put some bungee on the rear to hold it from bouncing out of the channel. Worked very well and simpler than it sounds..

I have a guy that races and that was almost what he suggested, he said make a wide U from angle for the front tire, a stabelizer from a cross piece that connects up to the frame of the bike and a small pice of U to set the rear tire in and bungie the tires down. I know that have bike races here every year and I saw a guy that pulls a trailer behing a gw that holds 3 race bikes and gear. Now my tandem probably weighs what the three race bikes weigh.